Care of hearing aid
It is important to treat your hearing aid with care.. Hearing aids may be sturdy, but they cannot withstand improper use.
Tips for taking care of your device
- Keep your hearing device clean - wipe it regularly with a dry cloth or tissue.
- Avoid getting your hearing device wet - don't wear it in the shower or in the rain.
- Use your moisture protection kit every night . If you don't have a moisture protection kit, you can get one from Dandekar Hearing services.
- Remove your hearing device before using aftershave, hairspray, perfume, sunscreen etc. as the chemicals could damage it.
- Don't expose your hearing device to extreme heat.
- Put your hearing device in its case when you are not wearing it.
- The earmould and tubing should be kept clean and free from ear wax at all times. check if there is any wax in the earmould or tubing for Behind the ear hearing aids.
- Make sure the earmould and tubing are completely free of moisture.
- Hearing aid batteries are toxic , keep then away from children.
- Always carry extra batteries for your hearing aid.
- Do not keep extra batteries loose in your pocket with coins or metal objects.
- Do not remove the tab on the battery until you plan to use the battery
If you have any difficulty regarding your device, take it to DANDEKAR HEARING SERVICES.